(Applies to: all versions of FusionBB)
Please note that the site administrator may require users to be logged in to use the search feature or may impose certain limits on the search ability
- Entering "peanut butter"+jelly-dance would return posts containing the PHRASE peanut butter and containing the word jelly but NOT containing the word dance.
- Using < and > controls a words relevance value that is assigned to each result. The > operator INCREASES the relevance and the < operator DECREASES it.
- Parenthesis ( ) are used to group words into sub-expressions. Parenthesized groups can be nested.
- A leading tilde ~ acts as a negation operator, causing the words contribution to the row relevance to be negative. It's useful for marking noise words, meaning posts which contain that word would be lower in relevance but wouldn't be excluded from the search as it would have been if you had used the minus sign.
- You can mix and match search operators. For example:
- Entering "peanut butter"-jelly would return all posts contianing the PHRASE peanut butter and NOT containing the word jelly.
- Entering +peanut butter would return all posts containing the word peanut but would rank the result higher if the post also contained the word butter.
- Entering +apple+(>turnover) would find posts that contain the words apple AND turnover OR apple AND strudel (in any order), but rank apple turnover higher than apple strudel.