(Applies to: Version 2.0 and newer of FusionBB)
The calendar is a dynamic aspect of the FusionBB software.
It allows the site admin (and others who have the correct permission set) to post events that are important to their membership as well as noting the birthdays of those members who choose to share their birthdates.
The calendar feature of FusionBB can be accessed via the Calendar tab at the top of the page or through the Forum with a Calendar section on the Forum Index page. Each section will give you a different view of the calendar.
Clicking the Calendar tab will take you to the daily calendar where you can change the view to see different months as well as the type of calendar you view ('Public Events', 'Public Birthdays', or the option to Jump To the 'Forum With a Calendar').
Once at the calendar page, you will see the following buttons/drop-down boxes.
(You may or may not be able to access or use some of the buttons depending on the permission set you have.)
- Month/Year drop-down boxes allow you to move backward and forward (by month and/or by year) in the calendar, keeping the settings you currently have.
- < and > buttons allow you to move backward and forward in the calendar, keeping the current session settnigs you have. (For instance, if you are viewing the August, 2007 'Birthday Events' calendar: clicking the < button will take you to the July, 2007 'Birthday Events' view, while clicking the > button will take you back to the August, 2007 view.)
For more information about the forum calendar, please see this topic: Forum With a Calendar.
- Add button: If you have the correct permissions, this button will take you to the page where you can add new events or edit current ones.
After clicking the Add button, you will be taken to a page where you will find the following areas:
- Drop-down menus for:
- Start month/day/year and hour/min/AM or PM
- End month/day/year and hour/min/AM or PM
- You will also find a subject box and Description section. These are similar to what is seen when making a post. The Description box has buttons allowing you to add bold, italics, url links, etc., as well as change the color of the text.
- Below the Description section is the area where you designate if the event is 'Recurring'. Simply click the radio button to the left of the description of your event: Never recurring, or recurring Weekly, Monthly, Monthly(end of), or Yearly. There is also a box you can check if the event is an All Day one.
- After entering in information about the event, click the Add Event button to upload your event.
- Once the event has been added to the calendar, clicking on the day of that event will take you to a 'day planner' view showing the event and the start/end times. If you click on the event in this view, it will expand out and show any other information about that event you may have included.
- Note: Each event must have a start and end date & time, even if the event is only happening for one day. If these (or any other necessary sections) aren't filled in, the page will refresh and show the errors to be corrected.
Below the calendar (or the Description box, if you're adding an event), are the current month's calendar as well as smaller calendars for each month of the current year. A smaller version of the current month's calendar is also automatically loaded into the sidebar--unless sidebars have been disabled by the Administrator.
(Thanks to FBB Developers Josh Pettit and Dave Lozier, as well as many others for information regarding this topic!)