(Applies to: all versions of FusionBB)
Designating unique username colors is a great way to distinguish your staff members, special members of your website community, or members of certain groups (such as paying members) and is very easy to do.
There are two ways to do this: on a per-user basis or by group.
- Changing an individual username color.
- Navigate to: My Fusion >> Admin Area >> Users >> Manage Users
- Search for or input the username you want to adjust. When the results are returned, click the username ID number.
- Choose the 'Edit this User's Public Profile' and then enter the color information. This can be the color name or in hexcode. (For example, by using the color word-name: red, blue, green, or using the hexcode: #FF0000, #4C80E8, etc...)
- Click Proceed to save your changes.
- Changing username colors by group.
- Use the following SQL command:
UPDATE fbb_user_info a, fbb_user_groups b SET a.info_name_color = '#FF0000'
WHERE a.user_id = b.user_id AND b.group_id = '1'
- Change the #FF0000 to whatever color you wish.
- Change the 1 at the very end to reflect whichever group you wish to change.
If you have any further questions, please post them at the main FusionBB website.
(Thanks to FusionBB member CraigW for posing this question & to FusionBB Developer Josh Pettit and member Scorpio for their answers. Thanks also to Monkeyra [aka 'Chief Internet Man of Europe'] for sharing his SQL command!)