Subscribed Topics (Applies to: all versions of FusionBB)
- FusionBB allows the user to subscribe to topic threads that they are interested on following on a regular basis.
- This is accomplished in the Reply window while making a post: beneath the Body section (where replies to the thread posts are typed in), there is a section called Topic Subscriptions. This has a drop down menu with the option of 'Don't subscribe' as well as the option of subcribing with instant, daily, or weekly email updates. These email updates will be sent to the address that the users have as their 'real email' address.
- To stop or change these topic updates, users simply need to go to the thread they are subscribed to, make a reply to the thread, and change the Topic Subscription option before they click the 'Add Post' button.
- Starting with version 2.0 of the FusionBB software, users are able to subscribe to a topic without having posted to it.
- They can do so by scrolling down to the Topic Subscription section near the bottom of the page and clicking on the 'Subscribe to Topic' link. Doing so will take them to a window with a drop down menu with the previously mentioned subscription options.
- Once an option is chosen, clicking the 'Add Subscription' button will confirm their choice.
(Applies only to: FusionBB version 2.0 and newer)
- Starting in FusionBB version 2.0, users have the option to add topic threads that they like to their Favorite Topics.
- This is easily done by going to the thread they want and scrolling to the bottom of the page where the 'Icon Legend', 'Permissions', and 'Topic Options' sections are located. Under 'Topic Options', there are two secondary options: Add to Favorite Topics and Subscribe to topic.
- Clicking on the 'Add to Favorite Topics' link will add that topic to their favorites, show them a confirmation window acknowledging that the topic has been added, and then will return them to the topic.
- If the user wants to remove a topic from their 'Favorite Topic' list, all they need to do is go to the topic and scroll down to the 'Topic Options' section. There will now be a 'Remove from Favorite Topics' link listed. Clicking on that link will remove the topic from their favorites and, after showing a removal confirmation window, return them to the topic.
At any time, users may view all of their favorite topics by going to:
My Fusion >> Control Panel >> Favorite Topics