(Applies to: Version 2.0 and newer of FusionBB)
This calendar view is accessed via the Forum Index and is a view very similar to a daily planner: showing the upcoming events. Below the upcoming events is an area where topics can be started or replied to.
For more information related to working with the main calendar, please see this topic: Calendar Components.
- Please Note: The forum calendar is permissions-based and won't be displayed in the public (viewed by anyone) calendar. Any events that are added to the forum calendar will not show up in the public calendar. If you want an event to show up in both places, you will have to add that information to both calendars.)
- When starting or replying to a topic, the familiar subject/body text box will have the Manage Files and Manage Polls links below it, as well as a link that will allow the user to Manage the Event. Clicking this link wil pop up a box with the drop-down choices for Start and End date & time, Recurring options, a box to designate the event as an All Day event, and a box to delete the event.
- Clicking the Update Event box will upload the event to the calendar.
- Once uploaded, the new post will have the event start and end date/times listed at the upper right-hand side of it. ''This event won't be added to the main site calendar unless it is addd to the main calendar by the site administrator or another person with the correct permissions.
- Please note: This ability to add/update events is permissions-based. Only users with the correct permissions will be able to add events. All others will only be able to view the calendar events and start/reply to topics in the Calendar Forum.
(Thanks to FBB Developer Josh Pettit and FBB member Dave Lozier, as well as many others for information regarding this topic!)