(Applies to: all versions of FusionBB)
If you want to have special group icons/status flags for certain members of your site, follow the following three steps:
1) Upload your group icon/status flag to the /public_html/fusionbb/images/statusflags file.
2) Make sure it's active by checking here:
Admin >> Images >> Manage Status flags.
- Make sure it's checked and click Proceed, this is what builds the "index" file that makes the graphic visible.
3) Assign the flag to a group by going here:
Admin >> Groups >>Status Flags.
- Assign the flag to the appropriate group, and click Procced.
Users can then choose whatever flag they wish (if any), from the flags that their group allows them access to by editing their public profile.
If a user is a member of more than one group, they get to choose what flag to display. Likewise you can have admins or mods who don't have a flag and are thus incognito.
- In version 2.1 of FusionBB, administrators have the ability to mass update a particular flag to a group of users.
(Thanks to FBB member octony and FBB Developer Josh Pettit for this information!)