(Applies to: all versions of FusionBB)
Setting up Staff (and Yourself) to Receive Staff Emails
- To set up recipients for staff emails, follow this path:
AdminCP >> Users >>Manage Users >> (search for username/group you want) >> (click the ID number link of the user you want)
- Along with the member profile, you'll have a listing of Options above their profile. Choose Assign Staff Email.
- This option gives you four things you can assign (by putting a check mark in the box next to each):
- Send site contact email
- Send notify moderator email
- Send new registrations email
- Send display name request email
- Once you've chosen & marked the ones you want--click the Proceed button to save your changes.
- To make sure everything for yourself is marked so you will also receive any staff emails--follow the same path and choose the ID number link next to your own username.
Troubleshooting Staff Email Problems
All the above is set, but I'm not receiving staff emails.
- (Please note: there is a cron task called queue_mail, but this only deals with mass mails.)
- All other emails are done instantly using PHP's built in mail() command. As long as PHP can send mail (and the From address in your config file is a valid address on the server) then those should fire instantly from the script.
If they aren't, the server's mail logs may give some insight as to why they aren't getting out. It's not unheard of that if the webmaster address you set in the config file isn't valid the server will reject the email.
The email address is correct. But the To and From email addresses are the same--could that be a problem?
- Good question! Some servers may nix that - just like some servers will nix multiple copies sent to aliases that go to the same mailbox. Try a different email address and see if it's getting discarded somewhere.
The mail log on the server would also show if any mail was getting discarded and for what reason. But if you've got another address you can use (like a gmail, etc..), try using two different addresses to see if your problem is resolved.
(Many thanks to FBB Developer Josh Pettit, Moderator Stephen Dolenski, and FBB members TwoonTwo and KhunSanuk for their contributions to this topic!!)