(Applies to: all versions of FusionBB)
Common RSS Problems
If you are having problems with RSS on your site, please try the following solutions.
- I've followed the instructions in the Wiki, but I'm getting a '404/Not Found' error!
- It's quite possible that you haven't had a new post in the forum since you set up RSS. The RSS script will not publish the file if there is not a post to report. Put a post in the forum and see if that fixes it. Also remember that after you place a post in the forum you have to wait until the RSS cron job runs. (You can also force the script to run from the Admin CP.)
- I've done that, now I'm getting another error (or an XML error page)!
- A .rss file is a news feed file and can not be read a with a browser. You need to right click the RSS icon, copy the URL (Shortcut) and subscribe to that feed with a news reader. (This is a very common mistake.)
- There are a wide variety of news readers available (most are free), some web based and some are client software based.
- Other Tips to Try
- Try deleting the RSS's and re-adding them back in. This was a bug that pops up every once in a while in version 1.0 that was resolved in 2.0 .
(Many thanks to Rutto, Honda Guru, and Greg of FusionBB for this info.!)