FusionBB Documentation Goddess
09-03-07 03:36 PM - Post#71671
(Applies to: all versions of FusionBB)
Adding site-specific avatars is a quick and easy way to customize your FusionBB site.
Uploading an Avatar
AdminCP >> Images >> Upload Images
At this page, you will need to:
- Browse to your image file.
- Designate what your image will be (Avatar, Smilie, Topicon, etc).
(This will put the image into the correct file once it's uploaded.)
- Choose where you want the image file to be moved to.
(The default setting is the base images directory, but by choosing other destinations, you can further customize individual skins.)
- You may choose to checkmark the option to Copy to All Skins.
- When you have the settings as you like, click the Proceed button at the bottom of the page to confirm your choices.
Activating the Avatars
Once you have your new avatar(s) uploaded, you will need to go to:
AdminCP >> Images >> Manage Avatars
On this page you have three options for managing the avatars for your site:
- Put a checkmark next to the avatar images you want to use.
- Uncheck the box next to avatars to deactivate avatars you want to keep, but don't want to use at the current time.
(These could be seasonal avatars, avatars for special events, etc.)
- By putting a checkmark next to the option Delete unchecked images. (this will be confirmed), you can remove any avatar images that you no longer want or need.
When you're done, click the Proceed
button to confirm your decisions and make the changes to your site.
(Thanks to FusionBB License Holder Scorpio for suggesting this FBB Docs topic & FBB Admin Chris Peterson for the information!)