Total Posts: 6722
Location: Charlotte, NC
Average Post Ranks%:
10-20-04 08:11 PM - Post#1905
We are still working very hard behind the scenes to bring FusionBB 1.0 to public release.
I have just updated this site to version .8 Alpha.
Changes in .8 Alpha:
- Added a checkbox when replying to a Private Topic to not mark it as edited
- Added clickable smilies when posting to a private topic
- Added the "topic review" feature to private topics
- Changed behavoir when removing yourself from a Private Topic, others will still see a new post for the removal notice, but they won't get the flashing indicator. Also added the ability for a user to leave a reson why they left the topic.
- Added checks in place to revert to the default skin if no skin is selected or the skin in your profile is removed by the administrator
- A variety of bugs with Private Topics and PT email notifications
- Fixed a cookie bug with expanding/collapsing sections
- Totally reworked the Search Engine, using MySQL 4's built in Fulltext indexing. This will make MySQL 4 a requirment to run fusion, but will offer the most advanced and most efficient search possible.
Probably the most major thing to test out is the Search capability... please bang on it and post any bugs you find.
On the search page, please click the question mark to review the popup help - this offers tips as to how the search engine works and gives examples.
We have also brought on our first support staff member.
Please welcome Kathleen, who will soon be in these forums to assist you and help answer questions. Dave, Jesse and Myself will also continue to help with support, but Kathleen will be the front lines of our support, while we are busy developing.
We are pushing for Beta 1.0 which we can release publically. We have a few more big things on our list to finish up before it's ready for you to use. The search engine was a big item, and we are happy that's done. We will need to flush out our installer and admin area before it's ready for live testing by end users.
Because we know you all are very anxious to try it out, we are focussing our efforts on that short "to do" list so that it can go live. We won't be adding many new features at this point, but please keep posting suggestions and such. We can return to adding features and functionality (beyond our original list) once we get 1.0 out the door.
We definately want to expand beyond what you see here... but if we hold it forever while we expand features, you'll never get to try it out for yourself. And some of you are very anxious to do that. Heck, I have sites myself that I'm anxious to get updated to Fusion.
So our focus now is getting it released.
Please continue to test things, report bugs and make feedback and feature suggestions. If you have comments you'd like to see featured in our "Quote" particle box (in the sidebar) you can Post them here.
Note, Jason - sorry I deleted your reply. I had to re-post this and add it to the portal.
Feel Better, Feel Younger, Sleep Better - Trans-D Tropin
Visit www.BuyTransD.com - use coupon code 1004 to save $20