provided by VertexHost.com
Username Post: current web host issues
White and Nerdy
FusionBB Fanatic
Total Posts: 1678
Birthday: 09-21 
Average Post Ranks%:                       
01-18-10 02:16 PM - Post#83778    

I had a FusionBB license until I had web hosting provider issues, they deleted my site and all my off-site backups, after being a couple days late on my bill, when I moved to a different city last year, and had to change banks and paypal accounts.

I agree they should have suspended it instead of deleting it, but its long gone now

and with all the mod's required for couchtomatoe's premium mod's, I've just been too lazy to put it back up, but have been thinking about it.

Since they deleted my site, I switched to a shared hosting solution called hastyhost. Since then, hastyhost went out of business and moved everyone over to a host called XE solutions, who I have been extremely unhappy with.

Right now, because of the Glaucoma loosing my sight completely now, my site just consists of a wordpress blog, so I didn't think any host could mess up an account with just a wordpress blog on it, boy was I wrong...

I've been unable to upgrade wordpress via the admin interface, as well as the plugins, because the host doesn't have suPHP installed, or whatever that module is that allows files from owner to be written to a directory with 755 permissions. RIght now I have to set wp-content to 777 to get wordpress to upgrade automatically, which is annoying, and a security risk.

is this vertexhost a fairly knowledgeable company with reasonable prices? I'm unemployed on disability, so I don't have alot of money to spend on a hosting provider, but I want someone "good" too, ya know?
www.tcoburn.com an archive of my ramblings for those who miss reading them. hehe!
My Facebook Profile

NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic
FusionBB™ Version 3.2 | ©2003-2014 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.059 seconds.   Total Queries: 41   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT-4). Current time is 01:17 PM