(Applies to: versions 1.0 and 2.0+ of FusionBB)
This has been an issue with Instant Subscriptions in version 1.0 and has been resolved in version 2.0.
As a work around for 1.0, try the following:
- From the Admin area: (do all of the steps below. This is also known as Rutto's 'Click it all' tactic ;) )
o Permissions >> Site check the Can subscribe to topics settings
o Permissions >> Permissions Time Stamp check Update settings
o Database >> Re-sync Data >> Permission Matrix
- Save your changes.
If you have tried the above-mentioned recommendations, but the instant emails are still not going out as expected:
- There is one specific cron script for subscribed topics (This script sends the emails out.) Make sure that you have this script added to the management area.
o To add this cron script, go to:
Admin CP >> Cron Scheduler >> Add Cron Task
- Once there, fill in the information such as the name you want for your cron script, the settings for when you want the cron to run, and whether you want a log file or not.
- Under the Script to run: setting, click the drop-down menu and choose the
topic_subscriptions.php option. Then click Proceed.
- Your newly-added cron will begin running as scheduled.
(Thanks to Geffro, Rutto, Ted_G, Dave, & FusionBB Developer Josh Pettit for the info about the cron script addition. )