FusionBB
FusionBB Review (large)
Recent Members
Welcome them to our community!
FusionBB SWAG!

FusionBB golf shirts, t-shirts, mousepads and more.

Tagging
FusionBBDev Recent Topics
Username Post: FusionBB Version 3.2 Released        (Topic#11906)
JoshPet
FusionBB Developer
Total Posts: 6722
Birthday: 02-08 
Average Post Ranks%:                       

06-05-11 02:45 AM - Post#85417    

I am pleased to announce that FusionBB Version 3.2 has been released. It is available for download from the Member Area download forum. This is different from the way previous versions were downloaded, so click here if you didn't see the announcement about the license system.

For the most part, FusionBB 3.2 is a Minor Release and includes:
- Fixes some consistency issues between past versions
- Fixed some bugs when editing forums
- Fixed some bugs when managing attachments
- Fixed some issues with regards to post counts
- Added an HTML editor when editing site inserts and custom pages

Upgrade Instructions:
- BACKUP Your Files
- BACKUP Your Database
- Upload All Files
- Run /install/install.php in your browser

Professional Upgrade is available for $49 by clicking on the Purchase tab above.

Is this an amazing Kick A... Releas?
No, it's a minor release. There is not alot of new bells and whistles in it... yet. But here's the back story....

As many of you know, for years I have run FusionBB "on the side" while working a full time job. The last several years, Couchtomatoe has worked with us on coding. He did an awesome job and added some amazing things to FusionBB.

However, during his time helping, I was very busy with work and life etc... so honestly, my head wasn't in the day to day aspects of coding. I managed features and we talked about things etc....

Since his departure, I have spent some time re-engaging my head into the code. I've been working with some users on some support and bug issues. I've been getting my ducks in a row.

There has been a change in my work situation, which will allow me some more time to devote to FusionBB moving forward.

So why the release?
Sadly, in the past, we've had multiple versions of the same version. Meaning, we release 3.1 but then there's something wrong so some files got changed, and we repackaged and updated our package. Usually this was pretty quick, but the end result is you end up with multiple versions of each version, which should never happen. Because then someone is experiencing a bug in "3.1 Final 2" but not everyone has the same "3.1 Final 2" so headaches follow. LOL

Since 3.1 Final 2 got packaged multiple times, later versions of 3.1 Final 2 ended up having some of the 3.2 features and fixes in it. Sadly, since I wasn't "hands on" when all this was happening, I don't have a real clear idea of exactly what got included when. All I know from digging in to some people's issues, is that there are some consistency issues between the versions.

So my intention with releasing 3.2 is to set everyone with the same version. If I make any changes to it, it'll be 3.2.1 or 3.3 or whatever, but there won't be another 3.2.

Now that everyone's on the clean slate of 3.2, then we can begin working on some heavier features for what will be 3.3.

Feel Better, Feel Younger, Sleep Better - Trans-D Tropin
Visit www.BuyTransD.com - use coupon code 1004 to save $20

greg
FusionBB Fanatic
Total Posts: 4980
Average Post Ranks%:                       

06-05-11 09:31 AM - Post#85420    

In response to JoshPet

Sounds good. And I agree, things were very confusing the way releases were handled. I think that from now on it will be much easier to track bugs, etc with the "new" naming system. Onward and upwards.

American Patriots

Tombstone Pictures

Icon Legend Permissions & Sharing Options Topic Options
Print Topic

Calendar
SMTWTFS
Current Quote
"This private topics idea... Genius! It already seems better than most of the competitors."
~ Jason
FusionBB™ Version 3.2 | ©2003-2014 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.107 seconds.   Total Queries: 75   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT-4). Current time is 12:04 AM