FusionBB

Please See the FusionBB End Of Life Announcement

FusionBB Review (large)
FusionBB SWAG!

FusionBB golf shirts, t-shirts, mousepads and more.

Tagging
Username Post: Give us your Feedback!        (Topic#17)
JoshPet
FusionBB Developer
Total Posts: 6726
Birthday: 02-08 
Average Post Ranks%:                       

08-20-04 11:49 PM - Post#19    

Give us your feedback on the Features of FusionBB!

Since we are newly opened to live testing, we want to hear what you think about features and useability of our current feature set.

If you're making suggestions for new features, please use our Feature Request forum.

Feel Better, Feel Younger, Sleep Better - Trans-D Tropin
Visit www.BuyTransD.com - use coupon code 1004 to save $20

Edited by JoshPet on 08-28-04 04:28 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Lori
FusionBB Documentation Goddess
Total Posts: 2683
Birthday: 10-02 
Average Post Ranks%:                       

08-21-04 06:45 PM - Post#63    

In response to JoshPet

Suggestion-- in 'My Fusion' where you can type in your bio-- you might have a link to something that tells us just what qualifies as '500 characters' (letters, numbers, spaces??, etc etc etc)-- I was typing away trying to see how much I could fit in and had counted just at (or a bit beyond 500 letters/exclamation marks & the like...basically what I considered 'characters')

Now I'll go check out the 'help' section and probably find the answers to all my questions

FBB Knowledgebase
Your source for official FusionBB documentation.

Lori's Blog

Here buggy, bug...

Jude
Total Posts: 22
Average Post Ranks%:                       
08-21-04 08:27 PM - Post#69    

In response to JoshPet

I'm seeing a lot of things I like! I like the text navigation below the tabs (I think it's called cookie crumb navigation?). It helps me keep track of where I am - especially when you start to use the sub forums. (that's still a little confusing, but that's just me getting lost, I can understand how they'd be useful) I also like the Topic Review feature at the bottom of the reply section. Very nice! I like being able to see all the posts while writing a reply.

*edit* OK, after seeing a post Josh made, I realized that the text links are called bread crumbs, not cookie crumbs. Oh well.
~~Gravity is not a load securing device.~~

Edited by Jude on 08-22-04 03:56 PM. Reason for edit: wrong food product cited in original

JoshPet
FusionBB Developer
Average Post Ranks%:                       

08-28-04 03:06 AM - Post#510    

In response to Lori

Lori Said:

Suggestion-- in 'My Fusion' where you can type in your bio-- you might have a link to something that tells us just what qualifies as '500 characters' (letters, numbers, spaces??, etc etc etc)-- I was typing away trying to see how much I could fit in and had counted just at (or a bit beyond 500 letters/exclamation marks & the like...basically what I considered 'characters')

Hey Lori - check the changelog for August 27th. I added dynamic counters for the bio and sig - basically these count down the number of characters remaining for you as you enter your sig or bio - so you know exactly how much more space you have.

You'll see it here in the next version.

Lori
FusionBB Documentation Goddess
Total Posts: 2683
Birthday: 10-02 
Average Post Ranks%:                       

08-28-04 03:35 AM - Post#514    

In response to JoshPet

Very awesome!!

When I wrote that, I was thinking of maybe a short blurb giving the requirements...something along the line of '...500 characters are allowed; commas, spaces, (etc etc) are counted....'

Didn't even think that something could actually count it down for you! ( Shows the power of programming....and my lack of knowledge thereof lol )

FBB Knowledgebase
Your source for official FusionBB documentation.

Lori's Blog

Here buggy, bug...

Edited by Lori on 08-28-04 03:37 AM. Reason for edit: didn't change a thing...just love being able to give a reason.......lol

JoshPet
FusionBB Developer
Average Post Ranks%:                       

08-28-04 03:37 AM - Post#515    

In response to Lori

I'm upgrading here right now - so you should see it in your control panel in just a few minutes.

Icon Legend Permissions & Sharing Options Topic Options
Print Topic

Calendar
SMTWTFS
Current Quote
"I know I've seen some features that [Name Removed] has refused to incorporate and that should bring quite a few people over to here in order to switch. The user control panel is MUCH more user friendly than anything else I've seen or use."
~ Greg
FusionBB™ Version 3.2 | ©2003-2014 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.19 seconds.   Total Queries: 138   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT-4). Current time is 12:12 AM