FusionBB
FusionBB Review (large)
Recent Members
Welcome them to our community!
FusionBB SWAG!

FusionBB golf shirts, t-shirts, mousepads and more.

Recent Topics
Tagging
FusionBBDev Recent Topics

Looking for a Feature and just can not find it? Maybe it has already been coded as a modification.
Search the developer's site and see using the Modification Index. and recommend it as a Feature!

Page 1 of 2 All12
Username Post: My wish list        (Topic#4470)
Rutto
FusionBB Enthusiast
Total Posts: 370
Birthday: 08-01 
Average Post Ranks%:                       

07-14-06 11:26 AM - Post#35352    

I'll try to keep this list up to date.

My Wish List

My live FusionBB site

Take a look to my "Speed" skin for FusionBB 2.2

Edited by Rutto on 08-09-07 07:38 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

KhunSanuk
FusionBB Enthusiast
Total Posts: 339
Average Post Ranks%:                       
07-14-06 11:39 PM - Post#35364    

In response to Rutto

Hi,

First of all, those spoiler tags are cool!

I would like to second items 1, 2 and 4 on your list.

And here are some of my own wishes:
- duplicate account identifier (like the mod for UBBT)
- forced ignore all (i.e. the poster's posts cannot be seen by anyone but themselves)
- particle box in between first and second post (like UBBT7 has)
- a working UBBT import (sorry, couldn't resist )

Sanuk!
Thai360.com
All around the Land of Smiles

Rutto
FusionBB Enthusiast
Average Post Ranks%:                       

07-31-06 12:12 PM - Post#35616    

In response to KhunSanuk

• KhunSanuk Said:

- forced ignore all (i.e. the poster's posts cannot be seen by anyone but themselves)

What is the use of this feature ?

My Wish List

My live FusionBB site

Claude
FusionBB Fanatic
Total Posts: 1435
Average Post Ranks%:                       
07-31-06 01:19 PM - Post#35617    

In response to Rutto

• Rutto Said:
  • KhunSanuk Said:

What is the use of this feature ?

It effectively bans someone, except they won't know it. They'll wonder why no one is responding to them and that could drive them crazy.

KhunSanuk
FusionBB Enthusiast
Total Posts: 339
Average Post Ranks%:                       
08-01-06 02:38 AM - Post#35625    

In response to Claude

Hi,

Right. I think this is the perfect way to deal with trolls. Banning 'em just does not work. I have people on my board who have been banned 10+ times, and they still come back.

Sanuk!
Thai360.com
All around the Land of Smiles

Rutto
FusionBB Enthusiast
Average Post Ranks%:                       

12-04-06 11:42 AM - Post#38514    

In response to KhunSanuk

UP ! Now that 2.0 is out it's time to come back again with my wish list

My Wish List

My live FusionBB site

Rutto
FusionBB Enthusiast
Average Post Ranks%:                       

08-20-07 08:37 AM - Post#71296    

In response to Rutto

Cannot edit anymore posts here
  • Sidebars and Particle Boxes configuration form Admin Panel
    Administrators should be able to create and manage Particle Boxes from Admin Panel.
  • Forced ignore
    Administrators and Moderators should be able to force two users to ignore each other, in this case user's will not be able to remove the ignore themself
  • Mark posts as updated
    I would like to have an option to mark an edited post as updated, in this case it will appear as new to users and will appear in recent activity searches. Someone also proposed a 'bump' button.
  • Post links instead of topics (Links forum)
    This will be very useful to easily create links databases. The idea is to have Links forums and posts made in that forums will appear as links (Special template while posting ?).
  • Excluding one forum from recent activity searches
    I would like to explude the OT forum from recent activity searches
  • Ability to post without an image in Albums (admin configurable)
    Currently we can post into an Album only if we attach an image, I wolud like to be able to configure an Album to accept also posts without attached images, in this case Fusion should use the 'No thumb' image
  • User's photo albums (under their profiles)
    All users should have their own photo album into their profile, there should be a group based permission and space amount should also be group based.
  • Post and users rating system (with group based permissions)
  • Attachment not required to post in ablums (as an Admin config option)
  • Download/Files area
  • Delete, Stick, ecc... buttons avaiable without editing the post
  • Bots shown differently (not as 'visitors') on online users page
  • Possibility for user to add themself to a group

My Wish List

My live FusionBB site

greg
    FusionBB Fanatic
    Total Posts: 4979
    Average Post Ranks%:                       

08-20-07 12:34 PM - Post#71299    

In response to Rutto

• Quote:
    Sidebars and Particle Boxes configuration form Admin Panel
    Administrators should be able to create and manage Particle Boxes from Admin Panel.

Coming in the next version!

American Patriots

Tombstone Pictures

Gregori
    FusionBB Enthusiast
    Total Posts: 451
    Average Post Ranks%:                       

08-21-07 10:11 AM - Post#71333    

In response to greg

I think the User's photo album is something I really would like. This is one of the two biggest flaws with Fusion (not that other forums systems are that much better, but Fusion should be the best, right?!), that the user profiles/"personal areas" are so lame. The other flaw is the poor user search.

Albums, blogs, visitors lists, list of friends, search for people that have the same interests (=are active in similar forum topics and/or has similar profile settings) ... here is where the future lays! Just look at the popularity of systems like Facebook !

Today the only way for users to get in contact with each other is to read each others posts in the forums, and that is just not enough today. They want so much more than that.

I´m seriously considering to start running Fusion as a plain forum system only, and let one of all the various dating systems, like AbleDating or Dating Pro, handle "all of the cool modern stuff".

Claude
    FusionBB Fanatic
    Average Post Ranks%:                       
    08-21-07 11:24 AM - Post#71338    

In response to Gregori

• Gregori Said:
    Today the only way for users to get in contact with each other is to read each others posts in the forums, and that is just not enough today. They want so much more than that.

I agree. People today want more of a "community" experience, not just a "bulletin board".

Fusion could be the first in many ways.

Gregori
    FusionBB Enthusiast
    Total Posts: 451
    Average Post Ranks%:                       

08-22-07 09:06 AM - Post#71363    

In response to Claude

• Claude Said:
    • Gregori Said:

I agree. People today want more of a "community" experience, not just a "bulletin board".

Fusion could be the first in many ways.

Fusion could absolutely be the product that combines excellent forum features with the power of a flexible and innovative community. But that has to happen now! If the Fusion evolution takes to long, FusionBB will never be anyting else but a pretty good but marginal product for a shrinking number of web sites.

I realise that this is a huge step for the Fusion team, but I can´t see any success without a competitive community product.

A shortcut would be to rapidly start some sort of co-operation with a selected community product, and either let these two merge into something new, or at least offer good 100% integration of the two systems. The latter just can not be impossible to achieve quickly!

Because the key here is speed. The community market is exploding and will without question continue its expansion in viral proportions.

If the Fusion team wants to be a part of that future, they have to act now! I would just love to see this happen, but I will not wait for a future that is already here.

Let´s start a new topic on this subject!

greg
    FusionBB Fanatic
    Average Post Ranks%:                       

08-22-07 12:13 PM - Post#71369    

In response to Gregori

You know, everybody seems to forget just how difficult it is to develope a new piece of software and all the new features. People keep screaming for more and more features for FusionBB, but don't seem to want to wait while the designers figure out the different ways to code those features in and if there is really a large enough demand FOR those features. Like Couch said in a different post, will those even be cost effective to code into the product? Will enough people want them to justify the added cost and bloat associated with them? For me, all I desire is a form that allows my users to communicate with each other and pass along usefull information as it relates to the trucking industry and allow me to spot a few advertisements in strategic areas of my forums. Not all forum software can nor should it be a cure all for everyones needs and desires, no matter what a few people want. Josh and company have done an incredible job, considering they all have other jobs that they just perform in order to support their efforts at providing us with a quality product that performs and in many cases out performs other products in dependability at a lower cost, not counting the free solutions out there. I've holding my tounge, so to speak, but I guess it's time to speak out. All I can say if you are that disatisfied with Fusion, then perhaps you should look elsewhere for your solutions. Me, I'm perfectly happy to await the new developments that are coming down the road as I know they will be worth the wait.

American Patriots

Tombstone Pictures

Claude
    FusionBB Fanatic
    Average Post Ranks%:                       
    08-22-07 03:07 PM - Post#71374    

In response to greg

• greg Said:
    ... For me, all I desire is a form that allows my users to communicate with each other and pass along usefull information as it relates to the trucking industry and allow me to spot a few advertisements in strategic areas of my forums...

This is an important point. Not everyone needs the same thing. Some only need a basic "bulletin board", while others need more of a community based system.

My users, for example, need more of a community. They hunt, target shoot, have things to sell, rate products, attend similar events and require more of a "social networking" site, than a BBS may provide. I've had to go outside Fusion to add a Chat Room, Photo Gallery, Classified Ads, and Product Review "module".

Don't get me wrong, I love Fusion and never had any illusions that it was anything other than what it is. I also don't expect Fusion to incorporate all these things and try to be all things to all people.

I don't have any solutions, but perhaps someday, it may be possible to have Fusion "modules" that could be easily added (for an additional fee). That would allow us to choose what we want, without bloating the basic bulletin board installation.

greg
    FusionBB Fanatic
    Average Post Ranks%:                       

08-22-07 06:13 PM - Post#71378    

In response to Claude

Claude, I think you've hit on the proper way for Fusion to proceed. Modules that can eventually be added. That way, users can add what they need and those of us who only require a basic to medium level bulletin board/community system can have a slimmed down, fast running and easy to setup and maintain system. I find that a chat room is a very low priority for my users because of the type of venue I have. Truck drivers, for the most part, have very little time to spend online, so they need something that is going to be fast, let them get to the messages they want to read and get off. The normally don't have much time to sit and chit chat in a live chat room. Nor do they want to sift through a lot of other pages, etc to find what they want. Social networking is also not high on their list of priorities. I do need some sort of Classifieds type of program where I could integrate job postings, as this is VERY high on most truckers priorities. A photo album feature that integrates directly into Fusion will be nice too, but that's something that I'm in no big rush for and at this time our current gallery is doing ok.

American Patriots

Tombstone Pictures

Scorpio
    FusionBB Addict
    Total Posts: 661
    Birthday: 11-17 
    Average Post Ranks%:                       

08-22-07 10:02 PM - Post#71381    

In response to Claude

• Quote:
    I don't have any solutions, but perhaps someday, it may be possible to have Fusion "modules" that could be easily added (for an additional fee).

If people want it, and someone can make money from it, sooner or later smart business people deliver it.

Fusion Chat
    Fusion Blogs
    Fusion Ads
    Fusion Gallery

Someone listening?
    Tony
    Owner and General Manager
    ChevyTalk - The Worlds Largest Online Chevy Community
    www.chevytalk.org
    Need a professional email marketing tool to supplement your message forum?

VertexBilly
    FusionBB Addict
    Total Posts: 875
    Average Post Ranks%:                       

08-22-07 10:38 PM - Post#71382    

In response to Scorpio

Hey Guys we definitely are listening so please keep the ideas coming.

We obviously won't code up every idea and some will come before others. We do take your suggestions all very seriously however and we do have our own internal whiteboard where we keep track of what features we are going to work towards putting in what release. Almost all of the ideas on that whiteboard have come from you guys.

Billy Cooter
    Managing Partner, VertexHost.com

Claude
    FusionBB Fanatic
    Average Post Ranks%:                       
    08-22-07 11:30 PM - Post#71383    

In response to VertexBilly

I understand that Fusion doesn't have unlimited funds or personnel and it's not trying to be all things to all users, but...

Since I'm already using "add-ons" from other companies, so it's only natural for me to want to see them offered by Fusion. Why? Because I've been spoiled by the service and quality of Fusion. Some of these add-ons I'm using cost as much as Fusion, and they are just barely adequate. I'm holding back because I don't want to start bashing other companies, but Fusion could easily steal customers away with little effort.

Chris Peterson
    FusionBB Fanatic
    Total Posts: 3758
    Average Post Ranks%:                       
    08-23-07 01:27 AM - Post#71387    

In response to Claude

Rest assured your ideas and suggestions aren't falling on deaf ears.

Let's get 2.2 out the door and you guys keep coming up with suggestions. After 2.2 is out and the dust has settled a bit, you can bet we'll be able to talk more about what's next.

Like Billy said, the whiteboard is full of ideas.

Monkeyra
    Chief Internet Man of Europe
    Total Posts: 2026
    Birthday: 05-05 
    Average Post Ranks%:                       

08-23-07 01:56 AM - Post#71389    

In response to Chris Peterson

I've commissioned some new features from a local developer of mine (and also member of my site).

One of them is an excellent ebay style feedback system. It's currently being tested privately, before going live on my site. Once all is well, it will be released over at FbbDev as a premium mod (because it has taken about 40 hours of development so far!)

I will also be releasing two more mods for free over there, one of which is a specific for motoring sites which allow car sales.

All exciting stuff

www.fordmondeo.org

Rutto
    FusionBB Enthusiast
    Average Post Ranks%:                       

08-23-07 04:12 AM - Post#71392    

In response to Monkeyra

Monk, I'm looking for a developer for a FBB mod as well, if he is interested can you ask him to get in touch with me ?

My Wish List

My live FusionBB site

Page 1 of 2 All12
    Icon Legend Permissions & Sharing Options Topic Options
    Print Topic

Calendar
    SMTWTFS
    Current Quote
    "I have moderated and managed discussion boards since 1999 for various sites and networks, including a message board with millions of viewers for a top 25 internet company. FusionBB is shaping up to be one of the most feature rich and flexable message board programs available on the market. I am very excited to see the future of FusionBB, and convert over my two forum sites to FusionBB when available to the public!"
    ~ Jason Stix Buckley
    FusionBB™ Version 3.2 | ©2003-2014 InteractivePHP, Inc.
    Execution time: 0.364 seconds.   Total Queries: 353   Zlib Compression is on.
    All times are (GMT-4). Current time is 04:13 AM