FusionBB
FusionBB Review (large)
Recent Members
Welcome them to our community!
FusionBB SWAG!

FusionBB golf shirts, t-shirts, mousepads and more.

Tagging
FusionBBDev Recent Topics
Username Post: New FusionBB Documentation Resource Section is Now Open!        (Topic#9786)
Chris Peterson
FusionBB Fanatic
Total Posts: 3758
Average Post Ranks%:                       
11-08-07 12:10 AM - Post#73576    

I'm happy to announce that the newest section of the FusionBB site is ready to go live.

The FusionBB Documentation Resource has been a labor of love for Lori and she deserves a TON of credit and thanks for coming up with this idea to use FusionBB in a new way and to integrate our documentation within the software itself.

She's spent a lot of time updating topics and moving them from the Wiki to the new resource area.

Now you can search this site for what you are looking for and get the official documentation included in your search results as well!

We have been looking forward to this for some time and we know that there are areas of the documentation that still need work and we would greatly appreciate it if you let us know what is missing or what could use more development. Please use This Forum to add your ideas and updates for us to review.

We hope you find this new resource useful and informative.

So once again, thank you Lori for all your hard work! We really appreciate all your efforts with this new resource!

Laree Draper
FusionBB Enthusiast
Total Posts: 246
Average Post Ranks%:                       
11-08-07 12:37 PM - Post#73580    

In response to Chris Peterson

Outstanding! Thanks, Lori. We sure do appreciate it.
IronOnline weight training and nutrition forum
http://www.davedraper.com/fusionbb/index...

sb1963
FusionBB Fanatic
Total Posts: 1636
Average Post Ranks%:                       

11-08-07 01:07 PM - Post#73583    

In response to Laree Draper

Many thanks - wasn't a big fan of the Wiki but what I've seen of the new set-up looks awesome. Must have been a big job.
Hats off to all involved.

Claude
FusionBB Fanatic
Total Posts: 1435
Average Post Ranks%:                       
11-08-07 01:13 PM - Post#73584    

In response to Chris Peterson

Thank you Lori and everyone involved.

It just keeps getting better!

Lori
FusionBB Documentation Goddess
Total Posts: 2683
Birthday: 10-02 
Average Post Ranks%:                       

11-08-07 03:21 PM - Post#73586    

In response to Claude

You're welcome & thanks for the kudos!

Now for a few kudos of my own:

* Thanks to Josh for giving the green light go-ahead [plus the permissions set ]. I appreciate his confidence that I wasn't going to b0rk up the entire FBB site. (Of course, that's probably why they make backups....... LOL)

* Thanks also to Chris P.-- for the continuing help and hard work he's been doing in regards to some of the more complicated topics, as well as providing the original 'sandbox' site where I worked out--months ago--the basic layout of a 'Documentation Resource' of which I hoped to convince Josh he needed one day...

* ...and thanks to everyone else (too numerous to mention)--this includes everyone who's helped out someone else with a problem here at the FBB site--allowing me to 'snitch' the problem/solution for the Wiki/Docs. This also gave/gives me a heads-up on what topics might need adding!

We're all doing this as a labor of love--we all have regular full-time jobs (or-in my case-part time job + community college classes/homework) that keep us busy, FBB is something that we work on in whatever 'spare time' we can find. The kudos are greatly appreciated

....and to think that the seedling idea all started because I got tired of mentally mixing up the Wiki-based coding and the markup coding & thought 'There has to be a better way!'

FBB Knowledgebase
Your source for official FusionBB documentation.

Lori's Blog

Here buggy, bug...

JoshPet
FusionBB Developer
Total Posts: 6722
Birthday: 02-08 
Average Post Ranks%:                       

11-08-07 07:19 PM - Post#73587    

In response to Lori

Thanks so much Lori. I know this has been in the works for quite a while. Also thanks to Chris, I know he's put a great deal of effort into it as well. The wiki was a good idea once upon a time, but it's a separate place for people to search, thus people don't find what they need. Now with everything under one roof it will be easier to find everything.

Thanks Team!

Feel Better, Feel Younger, Sleep Better - Trans-D Tropin
Visit www.BuyTransD.com - use coupon code 1004 to save $20

Icon Legend Permissions & Sharing Options Topic Options
Print Topic

Calendar
SMTWTFS
Current Quote
"Forum software taken to the next level... amazingly flexible and robust."
~ smilesforu
FusionBB™ Version 3.2 | ©2003-2014 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.125 seconds.   Total Queries: 140   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT-4). Current time is 07:08 PM