Adding a Photo (Image) File to Your Post
Your administrator may or may not allow this for your user group or site.
If you do not see the "Manage Files" link below your text editing box, this means that files (image, text, etc) are not allowed to be attached to posts. Please contact your Admin for more information.
- Adding a file:
- Start a new thread or start a reply to an existing one.
- In the text editing screen, below the Body section, click the Manage Files link. Next to this link is the information about allowed file types, maximum file size, and if there are already attachments to the post.
- This window allows you to add, upload and remove files. To upload a file, click Browse and select the file from your hardrive. Then click Add.
- Review the files you have added at the bottom of the window. When you are done, click Finished to add the file to your post.
- From this screen, you can specifically place image files in your post. Please see Moving Images Around in Posts for more information.
Deleting or Adding Additional Files
Deleting files from or adding more files to your posts is easy to do.
Please note : there may be a time limit during which you can delete or add another file. Your administrator also may have disabled editing of posts for your user group and/or site. (If you have any questions regarding this, please check your sites' FAQs or contact your administrator.)
To add another file to your post: simply follow the same steps as you did to upload your original file. Please note that your administrator has set a file size limit. This limit can be found near the Manage Files link or in the File pop up box.
To delete your file:
- Click on the Edit button of your post containing the file you want to change or delete.
- Scroll down to and click on the Manage Files link.
- In the box that pops up, scroll down to the file you want to work with and click on the Remove button. (You may have to scroll horizontally to see this button.) This will remove the file and return you to the Manage Files pop up box.
- If you want to add another file in place of the one you removed, you may do so now.
- When you are done (or if you don't want to upload another file), click the Finished button to confirm your choice.
The pop up box will disappear and you will be returned to the edit screen for your post.