Editing and creating new language strings in FusionBB is easier than ever with the built in language editor.
To edit language files or create your own, go to:
AdminCP >> Languages >> Edit Languages
The edit language string page is as follows:
- Choose Language - If you have multiple languages installed on your forums, you select which language you want to edit here.
- Reload Language - Use this to update your language files with any newly created language strings, like after an upgrade.
- Add Language - This will load any newly added languages to the list that can be edited.
- Search For Phrase - If you are unsure of what file contains the language string you wish to edit, you can use the search box to search for all or part of the phrase you wish to change.
- Write New Language Files - This will write all your language strings from the database into files in the languages directory under your FusionBB install.
To edit a string
- Select the language and the specific language file you wish to edit.
On the following page you can edit the existing language strings by editing the text in the available text box.
To create a custom language string
type in the name of the string in the empty field on the left side of the bottom section and type the language string on the right.
Do NOT enter spaces in the string name. Use underscores ( _ ) if necessary.
When finished, click Update Strings
DO NOT PUT ANYTHING INCLUDING BACKUP FILES OTHER THAN LANGUAGE FILES INTO THE LANGUAGE DIRECTORY FOR THEY WILL GET IMPORTED
to Fix do following:
1) in your phpMyAdmin or other DB Control Panel run queries
truncate table fbb_language;
ALTER TABLE `fbb_language` DROP `english`;
2) reurn the Language Importer by going to Admin Panel->Langages