You can set the tabs/buttons or any language string to what you want to personalize FusionBB for your website.
(The example we'll use here is for the "My Fusion" tab. You can easily customize the other buttons or tabs for your site as well.)
- To replace the "My Fusion" tab name, go to your /language/english/common.php file, around line 100 or so, and find this string:
$lang_str['USER_CP'] = 'My Fusion';
- Replace the 'My Fusion' reference with whatever you want the tab to say, for example: 'My Home' . The customized string would then look like:
- Another way to accomplish this is to do a perl search and replace on "My Fusion" for all the files in the directory...to make sure that all the e-mails and help files reference the right name.
perl -pi -e 's/My Fusion/My Forums/g' *.php
- As part of your customizations, don't forget to search the FAQ/Help files so you can replace the 'My Fusion' reference. (Elsewise, this could confuse your users!). The search is easily done using a text editor to search every Fusion document and replacing 'My Fusion' with 'My Home' (or whatever your customization might be).
For example, consider this snippet of the FAQ's section in the faq.php file:
$lang_str['faq']['Q'][ 6]='How do I change my display name?';
$lang_str['faq']['A'][ 6]='If the administrator has enabled this option you can change your display name simply by clicking on "My Fusion" then click "Public Profile". Change your display name there, then click "Proceed"
- To personalize this "My Fusion" reference, you can easily replace it with whatever your choice might be--- let's use our 'My Home' from the earlier example. This would give us the following revised snippet of the previous snippet (showing what your users would see in the FAQ section for the display name question):
.....You can change your display name simply by clicking on "My Home" then click "Public Profile".......
(Thanks to FusionBB Moderator Stephen Dolenski & FBB members Dunk, Claude, octony, and PatrickD for their contributions to this page!)