[FusionBB versions: All]
This aspect of FusionBB is controlled by group permissions.
Managing Allowed File Sizes
1. Log into the Admin CP
2. Open the Forums section.
3. Click on Edit Permissions
4. Start at the top with Global Settings
5. Click on Modify beside the group you want to configure.
6. Scroll down to the Feature Permissions section.
7. From this section you can control if the user can attach any files, one file, or multiple files. You can also set the maximum file size.
8. You can get more detailed help at this level by clicking on the ? to the far right of each line.
- You can set this level for each group of users. When you set this in the Global Settings the settings will be inherited down to other forums/categories that are marked as Inherited Permissions.
- You can set the image settings different on any given forum by not using the Inherit feature (use Self ).
- You will need to make sure that you set this for every group. For instance, if you are logged in as Admin and only change the Guest size setting, that change will not affect the allowed size setting for Admins.
- In order to check that your changes have been made correctly, log off and try it as a Guest. Log in with a test account to try it as a Registered User. (Many site owners of FusionBB have a designated test account for each of their user groups just for this purpose.)
- If the changed file size doesn't seem to work: check to make sure that no Inherited relationships are broken with a Self.
Managing File Sizes in the Gallery
The gallery uses the same settings as above. If the image size you set for normal posts is OK for the gallery, just let it inherit the size. If you want to allow a larger image to be put in a gallery post, set the gallery up as Self- based permissions and set the image size as needed.
Adjusting the Max File Size for Avatars
To adjust this Site Permission, go to:
Admin Control Panel >> Permissions >> Site
- Scroll down to the setting Can use uploaded avatar and click this heading. From here, check the box to grant permission to a given group.
- The box to the right of this is the maximum allowed size (in bytes) of the avatars. Adjust this as needed and then save your changes.